Clean-Up Tips for Bike Commuting
Homemade No-Rinse Body Wash
What You Need:
- Small spray bottle ($1 at local grocery store)
- 90% alcohol
- scented body wash
- Fill bottle half way with water
- Add 1-2 fingers of alcohol (mix will smell mostly like alcohol)
- Add 2 good gobs of body wash (about 2 tsps worth)
- Close lid and lightly tilt to mix
There will be some suds, but mostly the mix will smell of alcohol with a light scent from the body wash. The alcohol kills bacteria and helps the mix evaporate quickly. When applied, it leaves a clean mist with a few suds. I strip down, spray all over, rub down and then dry off with a sport towel.
Double Use Dry Shampoo
I’ve gone through a few dry shampoos and they work great. I dry hair with a sport towel and then spray away, but a I’ve also started to use it to spray my feet/socks if they’ve gotten too damp from the morning dew or just plain sweaty. Works great!