- First, in 2414, you must enable DP 1.2 in the menu. (In 2417 it’s enabled by default)
- Plug-in the mini display port (small rounded square) to the 2nd monitor and run it to the first monitor
- make sure you plug it into the OUT display port (on the 2417, the out has a small orange-red cap in it, remove and plug it in there)
- on the first monitor, go to the monitor’s menu and enable MST, this will make Windows recognize the 2nd monitor as separate
- the first monitor flickered, so unplug the power, wait 5 seconds and replug
- adjust your display settings accordingly for extended desktop, etc.
*I also installed the latest Intel drivers off of Dell’s website…
Homemade No-Rinse Body Wash
What You Need:
- Small spray bottle ($1 at local grocery store)
- 90% alcohol
- scented body wash
- Fill bottle half way with water
- Add 1-2 fingers of alcohol (mix will smell mostly like alcohol)
- Add 2 good gobs of body wash (about 2 tsps worth)
- Close lid and lightly tilt to mix
There will be some suds, but mostly the mix will smell of alcohol with a light scent from the body wash. The alcohol kills bacteria and helps the mix evaporate quickly. When applied, it leaves a clean mist with a few suds. I strip down, spray all over, rub down and then dry off with a sport towel.
Double Use Dry Shampoo
I’ve gone through a few dry shampoos and they work great. I dry hair with a sport towel and then spray away, but a I’ve also started to use it to spray my feet/socks if they’ve gotten too damp from the morning dew or just plain sweaty. Works great!
I put together a modified version of this post: Forward email as Ticket – Internal Users
but I couldn’t get it to run without error in Outlook 2013.
I modified it and here’s the modified version and instructions:
- Open Outlook
- ALT + F8 brings up the Macro screen
- Type in a name for your macro and hit create
- Select all text, delete and clear if there’s any in there
- Copy this: http://chopapp.com/#z49dzgui
- Paste it in your window
How I Prepared
I started simple and slow, just by pedaling around the neighborhood, 1-2 miles on a cruiser (Walmart brand, big seat) just having fun, getting used to riding a bike again. My confidence in stopping, getting on and off, turning, was VERY low. Hell, I still can’t jump curbs! After about a couple weeks fooling around, I decided I wanted a bike with handbrakes, and so I sold the cruiser on Craigslist, bought a Mountain Bike for 30 dollar difference and off I went.
I found a couple trails and on weekends would go with a friend to do maybe 3-5 miles total. After a month, I made a goal to bike 5 miles everyday in February. I met my goal and knew work was only 8 miles one way and was slowly building the idea of commuting. Only problem was that though I felt my strength was growing quickly, I realized I was pedaling harder, but not getting much return. It felt like I was pushing and getting no where. I set my next goal: change my bike and plan my commute.
Bike and Setup
I decided to get a hybrid bike. It’s like a mountain …
I’ve been working on another site and it features JomSocial (Joomla 2.5, JomSocial 3.0) along with the “activities” module that lists the latest activity as far as pictures, videos, comments, forum, etc.
One of my biggest irritations with the activity list was this:
I created separate album, say per city or subject and would upload maybe 5 pictures one day. Months later, when I go to upload a new photo pertaining to that subject/album, not only would my new photo show up in the activities feed, but ALL photos (up to the limit of 5), even if they were months old. It would make other updates of photos drop down the feed and the new photos become lost. So, today I dug in the code and created a bit of a mod. I’m sure it might be buggy or can be improved upon, but for now – it gets the job done.
in file: /components/com_community/libraries/photos.php
at line 81, after
$albumsHelper = new CAlbumsHelper( $album ); insert this:
$db = JFactory::getDBO();
$sql = “SELECT * FROM #__community_photos WHERE `albumid`=”.$album->id
.” AND `id`=” . $photoid
.” AND `status` != ‘temp'”;
$result = $db->loadObject();
$created = $result->created;
at line 116, replace: